Self-Learning | Pre school in Greater Noida
We at Little Illusions understand the importance of development in the early years and we make sure that a child gets ample opportunities for various planned and unplanned experiences through a series of playful activities.
Self-Learning at Little illusions
The initial years of a child’s life are full of discovery. The brain is active and ready to grasp any new knowledge and skills. The structural and functional development of the Brain is rapid in the early years and therefore the more we keep the brain busy, the better it will develop and be ready for formal education. This is why the pre-school years matter even more. We at Little Illusions understand the importance of development in the early years and we make sure that a child gets ample opportunities for various planned and unplanned experiences through a series of playful activities. Play is the child’s inborn wish to explore their world. Play is what children do for their own reasons and in their own way. They love exploring uncertainties which take them beyond what they know and understand. Keeping the importance of play in our mind we have specially designed our facility in a way which promotes the child to engage in self-learning through various types of play.
- Active play
- Creative and imaginative play.
- Fantasy and dramatic play.
- Constructive and explorative play.
- Solitary play.
- Social play.
- Self-learning through active play
Active play involves any activity from which a child derives enjoyment, entertainment and amusement. It encourages and provides children with opportunities for physical development. It consists of big moments like running, climbing, negotiating space and obstacles.
Learning through active play
- Children build awareness of others.
- They create solutions to problems .
- They learn to be independent and confident.
- They develop and refine gross motor skills.
- Active play increases fluidity of movement which enhances better flexibility of muscles.
- Development of Locomotor skills
- Activities like taekwondo, running, jumping help in improving sense of direction and self balancing.
- Improves Hand eye coordination .
Active play at Little Illusions :
- Splash pool
- Rock climbing
- Balls pool
- Sand pit
- Inflatable bouncy
- Self-learning through creative and imaginative play:
Every child is born with creative potential. Creativity is the ability to see things in a new and unusual light. It allows children to design, explore, try out new ideas and use their imagination to create something that is unique and which satisfies the need for self-expression.
Learning through creative and imaginative play
- It builds intellectual curiosity.
- Develops critical thinking skills.
- It develops fine motor skills.
- It allows a positive way to express feelings and thus helps promote emotional wellbeing.
Creative and imaginative play at Little Illusions :
- Art & craft.
- Self-learning through fantasy and dramatic play:
Who doesn’t like to dress up and play different roles? How about “a princess”, “a doctor”, “a carpenter”, “a teacher” or “superman”? That’s dramatic, or fantasy play. This type of play gives a boost to your child’s imagination. Children explore possibilities and go on make believe adventures creating their own imaginary characters making use of various different props and materials.
Learning through fantasy and dramatic play
- Children learn how to take turns, cooperate and share.
- Children learn about the functioning of the society.
- They learn to manipulate various props
- It helps in language development.
- Story telling sessions with the help of puppets helps to introduce more and more new words to the children , which helps in building their vocabulary.
- Prop handling helps in gripping and increasing their fine motor skills
- 3-D books and pop up books help in developing ealy reading skills in the children .
Fantasy and dramatic play at Little Illusions :
- Doll house
- Story theater with realistic puppets.
- Self-learning through constructive and explorative play:
Every child makes a transition from the first stage of play referred to as functional play, when children find simple pleasure in repeatedly moving objects and exploring toys and other playthings through their senses, to the second stage of play referred to as constructive and explorative play. In this stage, toddlers develop a deep understanding of various objects “what various objects can do, how toys and everyday objects can be used to build new things”.
Learning through constructive and explorative play
- Children develop an understanding of the world around them.
- It promotes abstract thinking.
- It also helps in developing fine motor skills.
- Most importantly, constructive play fires the imagination as it prepares the child for the next milestone which is dramatic play.
- Puzzle solving boosts childs enthusiasm, also increases their patience.
Constructive and explorative play at Little Illusions :
- Montessori lab
- The room of wisdom (pre-math lab)
- Computer lab
- Self-learning through solitary play:
Children play alone for a number of reasons and it is a natural step in the development of a child’s play behavior. Playing alone gives children the time they need to think, explore and create. It is therefore not necessary for them to constantly interact with adults or other children.
Learning through solitary play
- Children learn to make their own rules of play.
- It builds confidence and boosts imagination.
- Children can practice various physical and mental skills.
Solitary play at Little Illusions:
- Movie watching on the Projector
- Kids library
- Mini garden farming
- Self-learning through cooperative and social play:
Cooperative play involves children sharing the same interests, ideas and goals playing together and interacting with each other while playing.
Learning through cooperative and social play
- Children learn to interact with others, express their thoughts and try out new ideas.
- It promotes social growth and sharing.
- It helps in language development.
- It builds problem solving and decision making skills.
- They learn to share and take turns.
Cooperative social play at Little Illusions:
- Mini zoo
- Mini train
- Horse riding
- Various sports eg.cricket, basketball, football
Little Illusions Preschool is proud to be recognized as the best preschool in Greater Noida, offering a comprehensive early childhood education program. We understand the significance of these formative years in a child’s life, and our preschool is committed to providing a nurturing and stimulating environment where children can thrive.
As a leading pre school in Greater Noida, we believe in the power of play-based learning. Our curriculum is designed to foster creativity, critical thinking, and social skills through hands-on activities, interactive play, and engaging educational materials. We provide a balanced blend of structured lessons and free exploration, allowing children to develop a love for learning while building a strong foundation for future academic success.
Next page: Holistic Learning